The hydration is an exothermic reaction and it is better the reaction carry out under the temperature between 10 to 25 Celsius degrees . However, The initial hardening of concrete takes about 12 hours at temperature of 20° C . In order to preventing freezing of fresh concrete in cold weather the initial curing time of 12 hours should be reduced to about 3 to 5 hours and this action is done by antifreeze.By using of KBF-A200 , reaction of hydration speeds up, and the resultant heat helps to hardening the concrete faster & reducing the risks of a rapid drop off temperature .
KBF-A200 is available as liquid and with no chloride .
Features and Benefits:
1- KBF-A200 is a product can be used in concrete at temperatures between +5 and -10° C.
2. Chloride and nitrate-free, and it is not harmful for armature and concrete.
3. With the rate of consumption , the w/c can be reduced, so the strength of concrete will be improved.
1. In order to prevent freezing the fresh concrete in cold weather
2. Use in repairment & restoration mortars in winter
3. In order to accelerate the initial hardening of concrete and prevent concrete cracking caused by decreasing temperature
At the construction, add the extent necessary of KBF-A200 to the concrete and stir for 2 to 3 minutes.
At a rate of 1 to 3% by weight of cement. This amount depends on how cold it is.
Highlights in the concrete in cold weather:
1. If the KBF-A200 freezed , don’t heat it, just put it in warm place.
2. Be sure that the metal molds or fittings are free of snow or ice.
3. Cover the aggregates against freezing and, if possible, keep all equipment and materials in a temperature above 0 °C.
4. Keep the temperature of concrete above 5 °C.
5. Do the concrete curing action by appropriate coatings to prevent heat loss and prevent direct contact with the cold weather .
technical specifications :
1. Color: yellow
2. Specific Gravity: 1.1 g/cm³
3- PH = 6 to 7
4. The terms and conditions for maintenance: to get away from the cold and heat in the original package for one year
5. Package: 20 Kg-gallons & 220-kgdrums.
In case of skin contact, wash with soap and water. In case of contact with eyes wash with warm water and visit a doctor immediately.